About ByK E-540 3 Speed Girls Bike - Watermelon
Bike Assembly Required
Bicycles require some assembly. This may include fitting the wheels, handlebars, pedals, seatpost and seat, and front brake caliper. This should not be attempted by the customer unless familiar with modern bicycle assembly and should otherwise be carried out by a competent bicycle mechanic. This includes bicycles sent to our stores for in store pick up, however, your local Bikebug store can assemble the bicycle for a fee, please contact your local Bikebug store after placing your order.
We have considered every component to increase strength and lower the overall weight.
The lightweight Alloy frame is customised to reduce weight and improve handling. We have also fitted the strongest wheels we could find, with more spokes for strength - 36 per wheel, eyelit rims and excellent quality stainless steel spokes. We know it won't completely remove problems with buckled wheels, kids are kids after all, but this will save time for fix-ups!
Another crucial design ingredient to the clever design is the improved control and bump dampening ability of our CRM forks - giving a dramatic advantage in handling and comfort.
For the girls range we have two great options. The super cool SRAM I motion 3 speed internal gears without a footbrake, this bike in available in the standard form or in the very popular retro version. Or for the more adventurous the high performance minded, the SRAM 16 speed trigger shifter system.
The custom-sized V-Brakes we have used are calibrated for power and ergonomic fit. The innovative frame improves balance and control to help each rider operate at the safest level possible.
- Safety Reflectors
- Bell True Cartridge Bottom Bracket for Straighter Chain Alignment
- Cassette Rear Hub for Superior Gear Shifting
- CRM Forks for Extra Comfort and Improved Handling
- Long Rear Stay Length for Best Possible Gear Shifting
- Super Tough Wheels for Reduced Maintenance
- Calibrated V Brakes for Progressive Braking
- Weight: 11+ kg
- Frame: Butted Lightweight Alloy, Low Gravity Concept Design, CRM Forks
- Gears: Girls: SRAM I motion 3 speed internal gears
- Wheels: Dynamic Advantage Tall Alloy Wheels, Reinforced 36-hole
- Tyres: Low Profile, Low Resistance Design with Tough Tubes
- Brakes & Brake Levers: Alloy Tektro Custom Sized Levers with Alloy Tektro Front & Rear Calibrated V brakes (each model is calibrated for age and ability of intended rider). The E540x16D uses Shimano disc brakes with resin pads.
- Saddle: Adjustable, Comfort XL Midi Deluxe
- Handlebars: Custom Width Low Rise V-bars
More About The Manufacturer ByK Bikes
The ByK [prounounced 'bi-kay'] Bike was born from one father's desire to build a bike that was made specifically for children. One that was suitable for a child's growing body and differing proportions to that of an adult. Warren Key has owned bicycle stores his whole life and knows a thing or two about bike design.
He has a 12, 10 and 6 year old and realised early on that there were no well designed bikes on the market for children, anywhere in the world. After a few years of research, design and prototypes, the ByK Bike is now available for Australian children to own.