About Pearl Izumi Select Gel Gloves - White
For riders who put in a lot of saddle time, nothing beats our updated Comfort Bridge Gel padding and anatomic palm patterning.
- Clarino™ synthetic leather is soft and durable
- Direct-Vent mesh ventilates while providing UPF 40+ Sun Protection
- Easy-Off Glove Removal Tab
- Hook and loop closure
- Comfort Bridge Gel padding relieves pressure on Ulnar and Medial nerves for riding comfort and provides superior durability
- In-R-Cool® mesh palm lining provides optimal skin-cooling effects and moisture management when you perspire
- Anatomic palm patterning for optimal comfort
- Soft low-profile wiping surface on thumb
More About The Manufacturer Pearl Izumi
Pearl Izumi is a company that produces sports apparel.
With origins in Tokyo, Japan over 50 years ago, it began to be seen in the US around 1981 and is now formally known as Pearl Izumi USA, Inc. It has sponsored many bicycling teams, including the 1984 USA Olympic team.
DASH America dba: Pearl Izumi USA was founded by Davis Phinney, Andy Hampsten, Stan Mavis, & Hugh Walton who purchased the trademark from David Jacobs who founded Spyder and was the original distributor of Pearl Izumi in the USA. Pearl Izumi USA, Inc. is a subsidiary of Shimano America, Inc.
Pearl Izumi has products in many sports including cross-country skiing, triathlon, duathlon, and running, but their primary focus is cycling.
The name Pearl Izumi USA, Inc. is derived from the gem "pearl" and an area of Japan known for its clear water "Izumi." Literally translated, the name means, "fountain of pearls."