About Effetto Mariposa Shelter Roll Off Road Kit - 54mm x 5m
Self-adhesive Shelter Off-Road protection is a composite shock and scratch resistant transparent compound with visco-elastic behaviour.
Shelter Off-Road widely increases the shock-resistance of carbon-fiber or metal structures it’s applied to. Shelter Off-Road protects from impacts – spreading their energy within its structure -, is abrasion and solvent resistant, doesn’t yellow and has a semi-structural adhesion to the surface it’s applied onto: normal bicycle washing won’t affect it, but it can be removed – if needed – without damaging the underlying paint.
Shelter Roll Off-Road (54 mm x 5 m, 1,2 mm thick): approx. 350g.
UV-resistant - Shelter is UV-shielded so it won’t turn yellow over time and will even protect the underlaying frame paint from UV degradation.
Visco-elasticity reduces vibrations -The transmission of vibrational energy through any structure can be reduced by introducing visco-elastic materials at discrete points. It’s exactly what Shelter does, providing stiff carbon frames with protection but also contributing to reduce vibrations.
Protects against scratches and shocks
Easy to apply
Perfect adhesion also on curved surfaces
Doesn’t turn yellow over time
Visco-elastic behaviour reduced vibrations
How To Use
1. After removing cables or other interfering elements, clean the area where you want to apply Shelter with alcohol and a clean cloth. Remove traces of dried-up alcohol with a clean, dry cloth.
2. Take the suitable pre-cut Shelter element or cut a custom made Shelter piece, without removing the backing paper.
3. Peel Shelter backing paper on a length of 1 inch/25 mm, freeing the adhesive surface (do not touch adhesive surface with your fingers).
4. Stick the adhesive surface of Shelter on the area you want to protect by applying a firm and constant pressure with your thumbs.
5. Remove the rest of Shelter backing paper progressively, as you position and attach your Shelter element on the area you want to protect. Starting from the center, use your thumbs to push Shelter down, slowly working your way to the sides and applying a constant pressure.
More About The Manufacturer Effetto Mariposa
'Effetto Mariposa' a mix of Italian and Spanish meaning The Butterfly Effect - where small changes lead to major consequences. Effetto Mariposa's product range includes bicycle torque wrenches, the first synthetic-latex tire sealant, double-sided adhesive tape for tubular gluing and visco-elastic frame protection. From the moment they became Effetto Mariposa, all output has emanated from the simple need for better products for their own use. Their challenge was to never emulate, but to always innovate or improve upon something already available. Effetto Mariposa is constantly pushing themselves to uncover the next best way to have the most fun on two wheels, and with that, inflict their own provocations.