About Fulcrum Racing 5 LG Clincher Wheelset
The Fulcrum Racing 5 clincher wheels are more comfortable than your old wheels and more reliable than your training buddies.
Racing 5 LG is the natural evolution of this extremely popular wheelset, well known as an affordable but really perfomant race ready wheel.
The 20 spoke design in addition to the asymmetric rear rim now with 17C profile offers notable performance such as
lateral and torsional rigidity as well as increased reactivity with a better comfort and handling.
Why a 17C larger rim?
- Rim’s wider section lets the tire have a greater contact area with the ground
- The contact-area between tire and asphalt increases considering the same tire – width. For example, a 23mm tire on a 17C rim has a contact section similar to a 24mm tire: the smallest tire weights less but assure a grip really similar to the wider size.
- Increased lateral stiffness thanks the greater section of the rim, that increases the moment of lateral inertia
- Every rim’s sections’ thickness have been studied and calibrated to maintain the weight stable despite the greater section. This means a complete optimization of the structure.
Benefits Of The New Racing 5 LG
- Better comfort
- Better grip
- Less tire consumption
- Wheelset: 1645 grams
- Front Wheel: 753 grams
- Rear Wheel: 892 grams
- Spoke Count
- Shimano 8/9/10/11 speed version
- Campagnolo 9/10/11 speed version
More About The Manufacturer Fulcrum
Fulcrum Wheels s.r.l. designs wheels and components for racing bikes and distributes them in over 30 countries worldwide. They were based on the idea of three aerospace engineers who are passionate about bicycles. The strong points of this young company include the use of unique patents, ongoing technological research, and the attractive and young-spirited design.