About Fulcrum Racing Speed XLR Dark Tubular Wheelset
Slice through the air. Release all your power and accelerate right up to the finish line. Against the clock or against your rivals, with Racing Speed XLR the winner is you.
Light, reactive, and smooth: Racing Speed XLR represents the maximum level of technology available and the best choice for finishing ahead of the pack.
The Racing Speed XLR clincher wheel is entirely hand-assembled by a specialised Fulcrum technician and is checked in every tiny detail with electronic instrumentation. This ensures maximum performance and reliability for all Fulcrum® wheels.
HIGH PROFILE FOR 50MM TUBULARS
- Enables the maximum aerodynamic penetration, reducing friction. The design of the profile details makes the wheel extremely manageable even in a crosswind.
- Extremely limited weight. Gives the wheel an extremely high level of lateral stiffness and greater reactivity
CULT - Ceramic Ultimate Level Technology
- Top quality ceramic balls drastically reduce the friction coefficient and thus increase the smoothness of the wheel by as much as 9 times compared to standard bearings.
- The concept is simple and elegant: balance the weight of the gasket, with an item of similar weight placed on the section of the rim opposite the rim joint.
2:1 SPOKE RATIO
- The number of spokes on the rear drive side is double that of the opposite side. Greater stability of the wheel thanks to the perfect balance between the spoke tensions – greater torsional stiffness and greater reactivity.
EXCLUSIVE PRESSING SYSTEM FOR THE RIM IN UNPAINTED CARBON
- Enables an extremely limited weight and a smooth surface free from imperfections.
NEW BRAKE PADS MADE ESPECIALLY FOR CARBON WHEELS
- The new blend increases the brake performance on both dry and wet surfaces without increasing the wear and tear on the pad. For a more modular and more secure stop.
AERODYNAMIC PROFILE IN STEEL
- Ensuring the maximum aerodynamic penetration and, thanks to the material employed, lower weight and greater reactivity.
CARBON HUB BODY
- Gives the wheel a high degree of lateral stiffness and reduces weight to the minimum.
OVERSIZED FLANGE ON THE DRIVE SIDE
- Increases the torsional stiffness, increasing reactivity at each change in rhythm of the pedal stroke.
CUP AND CONE BEARINGS
- Easy ball/bearing adjustment – reduces possible ball/bearing play – reliable precision operation.
- Reduces the overall weight of the wheel.
- Completely redesigned and lighter aerodynamic-profile wheel block. Steel spine and eccentric, lever with drill lightening and aluminum die.
- Smoothness: 10
- Handling: 9
- Aerodynamics: 9
- Reactivity: 10
- Comfort: 9
- Wheelset: 1324 grams
- Front Wheel: 577 grams
- Rear Wheel: 747 grams
- Spoke Count
- Front: 18 aero spokes, radially laced in stainless steel with variable cross-section.
- Rear: 24 21 aero spokes in stainless steel with variable cross-section, doubled on the drive side (Two-to-One™).
- Shimano 8/9/10/11 speed version
- Campagnolo 9/10/11 speed version
More About The Manufacturer Fulcrum
Fulcrum Wheels s.r.l. designs wheels and components for racing bikes and distributes them in over 30 countries worldwide. They were based on the idea of three aerospace engineers who are passionate about bicycles. The strong points of this young company include the use of unique patents, ongoing technological research, and the attractive and young-spirited design.