About Fulcrum Racing Speed XLR Dark Tubular Wheelset
Slice through the air. Release all your power and accelerate right up to the finish line. Against the clock or against your rivals, with Racing SpeedTM XLR the winner is you.
Light, reactive, and smooth: Racing SpeedTM XLR represents the maximum level of technology available and the best choice for finishing ahead of the pack.
- Year: 2013
- HIGH PROFILE FOR 50MM TUBULARS: enables the maximum aerodynamic penetration, reducing friction. The design of the profile details makes the wheel extremely manageable even in a crosswind.
- FULL CARBON: extremely limited weight. Gives the wheel an extremely high level of lateral stiffness and greater reactivity
- EXCLUSIVE PRESSING SYSTEM FOR THE RIM IN UNPAINTED CARBON: enables an extremely limited weight and a smooth surface free from imperfections.
- NEW BRAKE PADS MADE ESPECIALLY FOR CARBON WHEELS: the new blend increases the brake performance on both dry and wet surfaces without increasing the wear and tear on the pad. For a more modular and more secure stop.
- AERODYNAMIC PROFILE IN STEEL: ensuring the maximum aerodynamic penetration and, thanks to the material employed, lower weight and greater reactivity.
- CARBON HUB BODY: gives the wheel a high degree of lateral stiffness and reduces weight to the minimum.
- OVERSIZED FLANGE ON THE DRIVE SIDE:increases the torsional stiffness, increasing reactivity at each change in rhythm of the pedal stroke.
- CUP AND CONE BEARINGS: easy ball/bearing adjustment – reduces possible ball/bearing play – precision operation – maintains performance over time.
- ALUMINIUM AXLE: reduces the overall weight of the wheel.
- QUICK RELEASE: New, completely redesigned and lighter aerodynamic-profile wheel block. Steel spine and eccentric, lever with drill lightening and aluminum die. Eccentric-closure system allows cyclist to modulate the pressure necessary for heightened sensitivity to find the proper closure for the block. Easy to use, with a material resistant to wear and tear, rust, and pressure.
- Weight: 1324g
- Spoke:18 aero spokes, radially laced in stainless steel with variable cross-section.
- Spoke: 21 aero spokes in stainless steel with variable cross-section, doubled on the drive side (Two-to-One™).
- 2013 Fulcrum rear wheels are compatible with 10/11 speed Shimano cassettes
More About The Manufacturer Fulcrum
Fulcrum Wheels s.r.l. designs wheels and components for racing bikes and distributes them in over 30 countries worldwide. They were based on the idea of three aerospace engineers who are passionate about bicycles. The strong points of this young company include the use of unique patents, ongoing technological research, and the attractive and young-spirited design.