About Mavic R-Sys SLR C 2014 Clincher Wheelset
R-SYS SLR C - THE LIGHTEST ALLOY WHEELSET AVAILABLE.
THE PERFECT WHEEL FOR DEMANDING CLIMBERS
Only exclusive Mavic technologies could make this wheel possible. R-Sys SLR now features ISM3D and featherlight Yksion Pro tyre for an even lower inertia, boosted by superlight bearings and the exclusive Tracomp technology. Light weight and responsiveness with no compromise on reliability.
Weight : 1295 grams (wheelset)
THE LIGHTEST ALLOY CLINCHER WHEEL
- New ISM 3D, Exalith 2 rims Carbon Tracomp spokes New superlight bearings and axles: QRM SL
HIGH EFFICIENCY AND ENERGY TRANSFER
- High lateral stiffness: Tracomp Superlight Yksion Pro Powerlink tyre
- Maximum lateral stiffness: Tracomp Superlight and grippy Yksion Pro GripLink tyre
SUP - Stronger and smoother joint
- Soudé Usiné Process. After bending, the rim joint is arc welded. The welded seam is then milled for a smooth finish.
- Extremely strong rim joint
- Eliminates shuddering when braking
- Superior wheel balance
MAXTAL - Light and strong
- Exclusive to Mavic, this specific aluminum alloy offers a higher strength to weight ratio than conventional 6106 alloy.
- 30% more resistant rims
- Lighter rims
FORE - Stiffer and stronger
- Instead of being drilled, the lower rim bridge is pushed up on the inside, then threaded to enable the spoke nipples to be directly screwed in it, leaving the upper rim bridge intact.
- Rim is 4 times more resistant to fatigue stress
- 20% increase in the rim rigidity to maximize power transfer
QRM SL - Qualité de Roulements Mavic Super Light
- The super light bearings are designed having in mind the QRM strict specifications. The matching hub axles are machined within extremely narrow tolerances, then one by one adjusted with very high precision when assembled.
- Up to 12% lighter that QRM+ system
- Tight tolerances for optimized rolling efficiency
FTS-L - Force Transfer System Light
- Reinforcement of key transmission components: the contact area between the pawl and the hub body is reinforced by 2 stainless steel inserts, which allows the use of a 100% aluminum hub body.
- Greater efficiency due to better transmission of efforts on the entire wheel
- Lightweight and strong hub design
ISM 3D - Super low inertia
- Inter Spoke Milling 3 Dimension.
- ISM3D pushes the envelope of ISM one step further by not only machining the lower bridge of the rim between each spoke holes, but also its sidewalls.
- Lighter: easier and faster climbing
- Less inertia: instant and effortless acceleration
ZICRAL - Light, stiff and strong
- A specific aluminum alloy that provides spokes with higher stiffness to weight ratio while being stronger.Lighter spokes for easier climbing
- Stiffer spokes for better energy transmission
- Stronger spokes for increased durability
TRACOMP - Light & Stiff
- Traction Compression. Extremely light Tracomp carbon fiber spokes works in traction and compression to provide a very high stiffness level in any circumstances.
- Under normal loads, wheel deflection is limited by the very high traction resistance of carbon fibers
- Under greater loads, where a normal wheel would flex more because of one of its spoke loosening, Tracomp spokes enter into compression and keep supporting the rim, preventing any further wheel deflection
- GRIPLINK - Grip and Control
- A front tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to hold the ground and control the bike. Therefore, GripLink tyres are optimized for front use, by offering a superior grip.
- The safest grip with great steering control: Dual compound “S+” with added Silica
- Hold the road in any situation: light and supple high density casing
- Reduced risk of flats: strong Nylon anti-puncture breaker
EXALITH 2 - High braking performance
- The Mavic exclusive Exalith 2 technology for aluminum rims has been refined to provide a very high level of durability and braking performance in all weather conditions.
- Braking distance shortened by 18% in wet conditions, while keeping pads wear to normal level
- Exalith treatment penetrates the alloy to delay rim wear and maintain distinctive anthracite grey color for thousands of kilometers
- New special black Mavic Exalith 2 brake pads to ensure quiet and high braking performance and longevity (delivered with the wheels)
- Front : 555 grams
- Pair : 1295 grams
- Pair WTS : 1835 grams
- Front WTS : 825 grams
- Rear : 740 grams
- Rear WTS : 1010 grams
- Material: Maxtal
- Joint: SUP
- Drilling: Fore
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- ETRTO size: 622x15C
- Recommended tyre sizes: 19 to 32 mm
- Tyre: clincher or tubular
- Height: front 22 mm, rear 25 mm asymmetrical
- Weight reduction: ISM 3D
- Brake track: Exalith 2
- Count: front 16, rear 20
- Lacing: radial front and rear non-drive side, crossed 2 rear drive side
- Material: carbon fiber (front and rear non drive side) and Zicral (rear drive side)
- Shape: Tracomp tubular (front and rear non drive side) and straight pull bladed and double butted (rear drive side)
- Axle material: aluminum
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- BR601 quick releases
- Computer magnet (front wheel)
- User guide
- Tracomp ring tool
- MultifUnction adjustment wrench
- Dimension: 23-622 (700x23c)
- Front and Rear Tread: Dual Compound
- Max. Pressure: 9 bar / 130 psi
- Casing: 127 TPI
- Yksion Pro Griplink (front) & Powerlink (rear) - 190g
More About The Manufacturer Mavic
Mavic is a French bicycle parts manufacturer, its name an acronym for Manufacture d'Articles Vélocipédiques Idoux et Chanel, founded by Charles Idoux and Lucien Chanel. The company is noted as a manufacturer of bicycle wheels. Mavic is based in Annecy, France. Since the 1970s, the company is an official partner and sponsor of the Tour de France.