About ByK E-450 Boys Bike -White/Cyan Blue w/ 3 Speed Internal gearing
Bike Assembly Required
Bicycles require some assembly. This may include fitting the wheels, handlebars, pedals, seatpost and seat, and front brake caliper. This should not be attempted by the customer unless familiar with modern bicycle assembly and should otherwise be carried out by a competent bicycle mechanic. This includes bicycles sent to our stores for in store pick up, however, your local Bikebug store can assemble the bicycle for a fee, please contact your local Bikebug store after placing your order.
The best kids bike on the market.
With weight savings and efficiency levels never seen before on a child's bike, the E-450 was reviewed by Bicycling Australia as a clear standout kids bike.
Little Details Count: Increased Knee to Handlebar Clearance for Growing Bodies, Longer Wheelbase for Stable handling at higher Speeds, Alloy Seat Clamp, Custom Length Cranks, Ergonomic Riding Triangle between Pedals, Seat and Handlebars for Best Balance and Efficiency, Pedals with Bearings, Taller More Efficient Wheels and Tyres to Increase riding Distances and Lower Riders Centre of Gravity
Design: At the heart of every ByK Bike is a well designed frame and weighing just 1.2kg our lightweight frame is easier to ride and manoeuvre. The ergonomic design ensures a great fit and superb handling, your child will have a light and easy bike to ride. Our custom sized and shaped V-bars is another unique design - by considering shoulder width, riding position, safety and comfort our handlebars are made for kids.
Performance: With lightweight alloy wheels, we've made pedalling easier - our taller, more efficient wheel sizing has a dynamic advantage that other bikes can't match. And like the professionals, we've added radial spokes on the front wheel. Our smooth, faster-rolling tyres don't wear little legs out so quickly - the pattern is easy rolling and very robust.
Safety: In every respect greater safety is what each ByK Bike is about and when it comes to brakes, we have no peer. We have used alloy front and rear callipers with light action for superior control and a simple and safe coaster style foot brake. The best of both worlds we believe.
- For riders aged 6 to 9, or approximately 115 to 145cm tall!
- Design: With the E450x3 frame we customised each tube to reduce weight and improve handling. Another crucial ingredient to the clever design is the improved control and bump dampening ability of our Cro-Moly forks - giving a dramatic advantage in handling and comfort.
- Little details such as increased knee to handlebar clearance for growing bodies, a longer wheelbase for stable handling, and adjustable pedal position for growing legs, all make the E450x3 the best entry-geared bike on the market for kids. Durabilty is also a key factor in the E450x3 such as the added extra strength in the wheels and the tyres.
- Performance: We know that kids love the idea of gears but they give them a tough time! The E450's SRAM 3 Speed Hub eliminates this problem. With no external derailleurs to get damaged from their little adventures, this bike will last the distance. Our unique design offers a longer chain length, helping with chain flex.
- Safety: The custom-sized V-Brakes we have used are calibrated for power and ergonomic fit. The innovative frame improves balance and control to help each rider operate at the safest level possible.
- Colours: Pearl White/Blue
More About The Manufacturer ByK Bikes
The ByK [prounounced 'bi-kay'] Bike was born from one father's desire to build a bike that was made specifically for children. One that was suitable for a child's growing body and differing proportions to that of an adult. Warren Key has owned bicycle stores his whole life and knows a thing or two about bike design.
He has a 12, 10 and 6 year old and realised early on that there were no well designed bikes on the market for children, anywhere in the world. After a few years of research, design and prototypes, the ByK Bike is now available for Australian children to own.