About ByK E-450x3i Girls Bike 3 Spd Internal Gears - White/Deep Violet
Bike Assembly Required
Bicycles require some assembly. This may include fitting the wheels, handlebars, pedals, seatpost and seat, and front brake caliper. This should not be attempted by the customer unless familiar with modern bicycle assembly and should otherwise be carried out by a competent bicycle mechanic. This includes bicycles sent to our stores for in store pick up, however, your local Bikebug store can assemble the bicycle for a fee, please contact your local Bikebug store after placing your order.
The E-450x3i - The best kids bike with gears. With internal 3 speed gears there are no external gear parts you can damage - so you can treat it rough! To complement the gearing there are hand operated brake levers, and there's also a foot brake to keep your child safe while they are learning to handle a bike with gears.
Ability Level: Able to ride, developing major skills. Ready for handbrakes only.
Age: 5 - 8 years
Height: 110 - 132 cm
- True Cartridge Bottom Bracket for Straighter Chain Alignment
- Cassette Rear Hub for Superior Gear Shifting
- CRM Forks for Extra Comfort and Improved Handling
- Long Rear Stay Length for Best Possible Gear Shifting
- Super Tough Wheels for Reduced Maintenance
- Calibrated V Brakes for Progressive Braking
- With the E-450x3i frame we customised each tube to reduce weight and improve handling. Another crucial ingredient to the clever design is the improved control and bump dampening ability of our CRM forks - giving a dramatic advantage in handling and comfort. Little details such as increased knee to handlebar clearance for growing bodies, a longer wheelbase for stable handling, and adjustable pedal position for growing legs, all make the E-450x3i a great entry-geared bike for kids. Durabilty is also a key factor in the E-450x3i such as the added extra strength in the wheels and the tyres.
- We know that kids love the idea of gears but they give them a tough time! So we have created a model with the super cool SRAM i-motion internal 3 speed gears for those early learners who are still treating their bike rough but want to learn and play with gears. Our unique design offers a longer chain length, helping with chain flex. Then we use the direct pulling 1:1 SRAM gears - fantastic because every movement in the lever reflects the same movement in the derailler. Also, by using a cassette hub, we have eliminated cluster wobble and the demons of throwing chains off gears.
- The custom-sized V-Brakes we have used are calibrated for power and ergonomic fit. The innovative frame improves balance and control to help each rider operate at the safest level possible.
- WEIGHT: 10+ kg
- FRAME: Butted Alloy Frame, Low Gravity Concept Design, CRM Forks
- GEARS: SRAM i-motion Internal 3 Speed Cassette Gears, Totally Integrated & Synchronized Gearing
- WHEELS: Dynamic Advantage Tall Alloy Wheels, Reinforced 36 Hole with Toughnut Eyelits
- Tyres: Low Profile, Low Resistance Design with Tough Tubes
- BRAKES: Alloy Front and Rear Calibrated V Brakes
- Brake levers: Alloy, Adjustable Short Reach
- SADDLE: Comfort Midi Deluxe
- HANDLEBARS: Custom Width Low Rise V-Bars
- STANDARD EXTRAS: Safety Reflectors, Bell
More About The Manufacturer ByK Bikes
The ByK [prounounced 'bi-kay'] Bike was born from one father's desire to build a bike that was made specifically for children. One that was suitable for a child's growing body and differing proportions to that of an adult. Warren Key has owned bicycle stores his whole life and knows a thing or two about bike design.
He has a 12, 10 and 6 year old and realised early on that there were no well designed bikes on the market for children, anywhere in the world. After a few years of research, design and prototypes, the ByK Bike is now available for Australian children to own.