About ByK E-540 16 Speed Boys Bike - White/Bright Blue
Bike Assembly Required
Bicycles require some assembly. This may include fitting the wheels, handlebars, pedals, seatpost and seat, and front brake caliper. This should not be attempted by the customer unless familiar with modern bicycle assembly and should otherwise be carried out by a competent bicycle mechanic. This includes bicycles sent to our stores for in store pick up, however, your local Bikebug store can assemble the bicycle for a fee, please contact your local Bikebug store after placing your order.
Enjoy the best in clever technology. Never before has a bike at this level offered so much dynamically, efficiently and safely.
The perfect fit bikes for fast growing kids. Byk have considered every component to increase strength and lower the overall weight.
Recommended Age Range: 8 - 13 years
Recommended Height Range: 130 - 160 cm
- True Cartridge Bottom Bracket for Straighter Chain Alignment
- Cassette Rear Hub for Superior Gear Shifting
- CRM Forks for Extra Comfort and Improved Handling
- Long Rear Stay Length for Best Possible Gear Shifting
- Super Tough Wheels for Reduced Maintenance
- Calibrated V Brakes for Progressive Braking
- The lightweight Alloy frame is customised to reduce weight and improve handling. ByK have fitted strong wheels with more spokes for strength - 36 per wheel, eyelit rims and excellent quality stainless steel spokes. It won't completely remove problems with buckled wheels, kids are kids after all, but this will save time for fix-ups!
- A crucial part of the clever design is the improved control and bump dampening ability of the CRM forks - giving a dramatic advantage in handling and comfort.
- Every aspect has been considered in this sporty model. The E-540 uses the highly acclaimed SRAM cassette gearing system and the incredibly lightweight ByK RGO frame.
- The custom-sized V-Brakes are calibrated for power and ergonomic fit. The innovative frame improves balance and control to help each rider operate at the safest level possible.
- COMPLETE BIKE WEIGHT: 11+ kg
- FRAME: Butted Lightweight Alloy, Low Gravity Concept Design, CRM Forks
- GEARS: SRAM 16 speed trigger shifter cassette gearing system.
- WHEELS: Dynamic Advantage Tall Alloy Wheels, Reinforced 36-hole with Toughut Eyelits
- TYRES: Low Profile, Low Resistance Design with Tough Tubes
- BRAKES: Alloy Front & Rear Calibrated V-Brakes
- BRAKE LEVERS: Alloy, Adjustable Short Reach
- SADDLE: Comfort XL Midi Deluxe
- HANDLEBARS: Custom Width Low Rise V-bars
- STANDARD EXTRAS: Reflectors
More About The Manufacturer ByK Bikes
The ByK [prounounced 'bi-kay'] Bike was born from one father's desire to build a bike that was made specifically for children. One that was suitable for a child's growing body and differing proportions to that of an adult. Warren Key has owned bicycle stores his whole life and knows a thing or two about bike design.
He has a 12, 10 and 6 year old and realised early on that there were no well designed bikes on the market for children, anywhere in the world. After a few years of research, design and prototypes, the ByK Bike is now available for Australian children to own.