Slimmed and trimmed for 2016, Campagnolo Record/Super Record EPS V3 Internal Power Unit now fits inside more types of frame tubing.
The Campagnolo EPS Power Unit was originally modified to be mounted internally both to protect it from the elements whilst providing an aerodynamic advantage to the overall build. With the advent of increasingly aerodynamic frames and even slimmer tube shapes, Campagnolo has produced an even more advanced version of its power unit - the V3.
It is compatible with the Campagnolo Magnetic Power Block Strap. The EPS switch off magnet effectively shuts down the system to avoid any unwanted shifts or battery drainage.
*Customers please note that this internal power unit does not include mounting parts - they can be purchased separately.
This new version of the internal power unit maintains all of the previous characteristics and technologies of the V2, such as a vibration-absorbing outer material, ultrasonic seals that provide a waterproof qualities and industry-leading autonomation and house them all in a slimmer, more versatile package.
This new structure opens up the possibilities for internal mounting, not only in the most aerodynamic framesets with very slim tube designs but also provides a greater deal of flexibility with regards to placement within the frameset. Thanks to this new slim structure the EPS advantage is now available for all frames, no matter which make or model you choose.
It's the brain of the system.
The EPS™ Power Unit™ is much more than just a battery. Its housing contains all the electronics of the EPS™ drivetrain, the system memory input/output gates and the battery charger plug.
The V3 design allows for INTERNAL mounting which not only offers the obvious aerodynamic benefits associated with hiding a component inside the frame but also keeps the unit protected from the elements and impact. It also plays a pivotal role in an aspect that is not to be overlooked; aesthetics. The new EPS™ V3 Power Unit gives the cyclist the possibility to use the most advanced groupset while maintaining sleekest look to his or her ride.
SPECIALLY DEVELOPED INTERNAL CASING
- Designed to absorb road vibrations and impact for maximum protection of the battery and electronic components on even the worst road surfaces.
CASING WITH ULTRASONICALLY WELDED SEAMS
- Makes the system 100% waterproof
- For charging the battery and, when necessary, diagnosing the system and updating the firmware and Eeprom.
DTI™ DIGITAL TECH INTELLIGENCE
- The digital brain of the EPS™ drivetrain. DTI monitors and checks the battery, transmits and receives signals to and from the interface and controls and monitors the functions of the rear and front derailleur. The unit also checks for system faults, warning the user when necessary via an RGB LED and a buzzer.
- Enclosed and protected in the Power Unit™ and interface, "Digital Tech Intelligence" transmits, receives and processes data thousands of times a second.
WATERPROOF - IP6/IP7
- The Campagnolo EPS electronic drivetrain complies with IP67 international standards.
- Fireproof technopolymer, waterproof (IP6/IP7)
- 3 cell Lithium-Ion 12 V rechargeable battery
- DTI™ Digital Tech Intelligence Eeprom board
- Data input/output port and battery charger
- System shutdown magnet.
- Length: 232mm
- Diameter: 16.6mm
- Weight: 106g