This is the ultimate XC race bike.
Ground-breaking suspension, aggressive geometry and feathery weight let you go full gas from the gun. Grip where others slip. Attack where others lack. Dominate where others hesitate.
1) FlexPivot — The key to Scalpel’s incredible suspension performance and light weight. These patented carbon fiber flex zones act just like a Horst link pivot, but are lighter, stiffer and more durable than any bearing setup.
2) STASH Kit — Everything you need for lighting fast trailside repairs. A Fabric 8-in-1 mini tool in a quick-draw holster, a Dynaplug tubeless plug kit, and your CO2 inflator, all stashed neatly under your waterbottle. Quick and easy.
3) Lefty Ocho — Simply the most advanced, smoothest, most precise-handling ultralight XC fork ever made. Its one-of-a-kind design lets it float through the chop and steer through the chunder like nothing else.
4) OutFront Steering Geometry — Lefty’s extra-long fork offset gives you more stability and confidence when things get rough, while keeping the steering XC-quick everywhere else.
5) Connected — An integrated wheel sensor delivers hyper accurate speed, route and distance info, registers your bike, reminds you of needed service and more, all through the free Cannondale App.
6) Ai - Asymmetric Integration — Their unique offset drivetrain delivers big tire/mud clearance while keeping the chainstays short for traction and agility. Factor in that it also creates a stiffer, stronger rear wheel, and Ai is a win-win-win.
7) Proportional Response — Unlike the competition, who use the same suspension kinematic across all sizes,
we customize the layout of our suspension for each one, so that every rider, from the smallest to the tallest, experiences the same brilliant suspension performance.
8) Two Waterbottles — Proper hydration, without the pack. Hallelujah!
9) DirectLine Cable Routing — Tube-in-tube internal cable routing in the frame and swingarm makes installing cables quick and easy
Suspension for Speed - The most advanced suspension ever made for XC. While others sacrifice performance to save weight, our patented FlexPivot suspension delivers both. Incredibly light, with unreal grip, acceleration and control, it lets you go flat-out everywhere. More speed. More fun.
Degrees of Difference - Scalpel’s progressive geometry has evolved even further – they have a full degree and a half slacker headtube angle, onedegree steeper seat tube angle – creating an XC bike that’s more aggressive, lightning-fast, fun and stable everywhere, from the World Cup to your local loop.
Stiff. Light. Fast. - At just over 1900 grams, complete with shock, the new Scalpel frame is one of the absolute lightest dual suspension MTB frames ever made. Incredible suspension, impeccable handling and feathery weight – it’s a recipe for victory.
The Best XC Fork… Period. - Lefty is simply the most advanced, smoothest, most precise-handling ultralight fork ever made. Its one-of-a-kind design lets you float through the chop and slice through the chunder like nothing else.
|Frame||All-New, 100mm travel, BallisTec Carbon, Proportional Response Tuned, FlexPivot Chainstay, PF30-83, Tapered Headtube, Speed Release 12mm thru axle, Ai Offset, Stash compatible|
|Fork||Lefty Ocho, 100mm, Chamber Damper with remote lockout, OppO Spring System, tapered steerer, 55mm offset|
|Rear Shock||Fox Float DPS Performance Elite EVOL, remote lockout, adjustable rebound|
|Rims||HollowGram 25, Superlight Hi-Impact Carbon, 28h, 25mm IW, tubeless ready|
|Hubs||(F) Lefty 60 (R) DT Swiss, 12x148|
|Tyres||(F) Schwalbe Racing Ray EVO, 29 x 2.25", SnakeSkin, Addix Speedgrip, tubeless ready, (R) Schwalbe Racing Ralph EVO, 29 x 2.25", SnakeSkin, Addix Speed, tubeless ready|
|Crank||HollowGram, BB30a, OPI SpideRing, 34T, Ai offset|
|Bottom Bracket||Cannondale Alloy PressFit30|
|Chain||Shimano XT, 12-speed|
|Rear Cogs||Shimano XT, 10-51, 12-speed|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano XT|
|Shifters||Shimano XT, 12-speed|
|Handlebar||Cannondale 2 Flat, butted 2014 Alloy, 31.8mm, 3° rise, 8° sweep, 760mm|
|Grips||ESI Silicone 32mm Grips|
|Stem||Cannondale 1, 7075 Alloy, 1-1/8", 31.8, 7°|
|Headset||Integrated, 1-1/8 to 1.5", sealed angular contact bearings|
|Brakes||Shimano XT M8100 hydraulic disc, 160/160mm XT rotors|
|Brake Levers||Shimano XT M8100|
|Saddle||Prologo Dimension NDR, STN rails|
|Seatpost||Cannondale 2, 7075 Alloy, 31.6 x 400mm|
|Connectivity||Cannondale Wheel Sensor|
|Sizes||Small, Medium, Large, X-Large|
|Extras||Stash Kit (Fabric 8-in-1 Mini Tool and Dynaplug tubeless puncture repair tool), Tubeless valve stems|
|A||Seat Tube Length (cm)||43||44||48||52|
|B||Top Tube Horizontal (cm)||57.6||59.9||62.2||64.4|
|C||Top Tube Actual (cm)||53.1||55.3||57.7||60.3|
|D||Head Tube Angle (degrees)||68°||68°||68°||68°|
|E||Seat Tube Angle (degrees)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|E¹||Seat Tube Angle Effective (degrees)||74.5°||74.5°||74.5||74.5|
|G||Head Tube Length (cm)||9.5||10.5||11.5||12.5|
|I||Front Center (cm)||69.5||71.8||74.2||76.6|
|J||Chain Stay Length (cm)||43.6||43.6||43.6||43.6|
|K||Bottom Bracket Drop (cm)||4||4||4||4|
|L||Bottom Bracket Height (cm)||33.1||33.1||33.1||33.1|
|M||Fork Rake (cm)||5.5||5.5||5.5||5.5|
Others Also Bought