About Fulcrum Racing Speed XLR 80 Bright Tubular Wheelset
Performances over the top. The brand new Racing Speed XLR with carbon rim for 80mm clinchers are been designed in our wind tunnel and developed with the precious indications of professional athletes. The result is extraordinary.
The aerodynamic design allows for top speed, acceleration and manoeuvrability even with cross winds; the smoothness levels exceed expectations: the CULT ball/bearing system is 9 times smoother than that of standard bearings!
But the Racing SpeedTM XLR does not need an introduction: a name which has been long associated with countless victories and today becomes the wheel of reference for triathlon or road races.
HIGH PROFILE FOR 80MM TUBULARS
- Enables the maximum aerodynamic penetration, reducing friction. The design of the profile details makes the wheel extremely manageable even in a crosswind.
- Extremely limited weight. Gives the wheel an extremely high level of lateral stiffness and greater reactivity
EXCLUSIVE PRESSING SYSTEM FOR THE RIM IN UNPAINTED CARBON
- An extremely limited weight and a smooth surface free from imperfections.
CULT - Ceramic Ultimate Level Technology
- Top quality ceramic balls, thanks to the absence of lubricating grease and the precision machining of the cup/cone, allow to drastically reduce the friction coefficient and thus increase the smoothness of the wheel by as much as 9 times compared to standard bearings.
2:1 SPOKE RATIO
- The number of spokes on the rear drive side is double that of the opposite side. Greater stability of the wheel thanks to the perfect balance between the spoke tensions – greater torsional stiffness and greater reactivity.
- The concept is simple and elegant: balance the weight of the gasket, with an item of similar weight placed on the section of the rim opposite the rim joint.
ANTI ROTATION SYSTEM
- Fulcrum design for a solid and unmoveable spoke and hub housing. Spokes will never lose their initial tension and will stay perfectly centred.
CARBON SPECIFIC BRAKE PADS
- The new blend increases the brake performance on both dry and wet surfaces without increasing the wear and tear on the pad. For a more modular and more secure stop.
AERODYNAMIC PROFILE IN STEEL
- Ensuring the maximum aerodynamic penetration and, thanks to the material employed, lower weight and greater reactivity.
HUB IN ALUMINIUM
- Provides a high degree of lateral stiffness while keeping the weight low.
OVERSIZED FLANGE ON THE DRIVE SIDE
- Increases the torsional stiffness, increasing reactivity at each change in rhythm of the pedal stroke.
CUP AND CONE BEARINGS
- Easy ball/bearing adjustment – reduces possible ball/bearing play – precision operation – maintains performance over time.
- Reduces the overall weight of the wheel.
- Completely redesigned and lighter aerodynamic-profile wheel block. Steel spine and eccentric, lever with drill lightening and aluminum die.
- Smoothness: 10
- Handling: 7
- Aerodynamics: 10
- Reactivity: 9
- Comfort: 8
- Wheelset: 1540 grams
- Front: 715 grams
- Rear: 825 grams
- Spoke Count:
- Front: 16 aero spokes, radially laced in stainless steel with variable cross-section.
- Rear: 18 aero spokes in stainless steel with variable cross-section, doubled on the drive side (Two-to-One™).
- Shimano 8/9/10/11 speed version
- Campagnolo 9/10/11 speed version
More About The Manufacturer Fulcrum
Fulcrum Wheels s.r.l. designs wheels and components for racing bikes and distributes them in over 30 countries worldwide. They were based on the idea of three aerospace engineers who are passionate about bicycles. The strong points of this young company include the use of unique patents, ongoing technological research, and the attractive and young-spirited design.