Terms / Privacy Notice (In Plain English)
- Returns and Exchanges
- Trade-in Your Old Bike
- Store Pickup
- Stock Availability
- Colnago C60, V1-r and Master Framesets
- Bike Assembly
- Commercial Quantities and Excessive Shipping Costs
- Applicable Law
- PDF / Acrobat Reader®
- PRIVACY NOTICE
All goods supplied by Bikebug are covered by the normal manufacturer's warranty. If an item has failed, and you believe it to be a genuine claim for warranty, please contact us immediately. If it is found that the claim is genuine, and is covered by the manufacturer’s warranty, you will be given a Return Authorisation Number. At which point, you will need to go here, and fill out this document and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also need to include a printed copy with the goods being returned. You will be given the choice of a repair (if applicable), refund, or replacement.
Certain products may need to be returned to the manufacturer/distributor for a warranty inspection before a course of action can be decided. In some cases, depending on the type of product and the fault at hand, a repair will be made rather than the product being replaced. Please do not assume that your product will be replaced. We will endeavour to return your product as quickly as possible. If there is a delay due to the nature of the repair, or a delay beyond our control, we will inform you and do whatever possible to limit the turnaround time of your product. Please bear in mind that the warranty procedures vary from brand to brand, and from distributor to distributor. For more information on the warranty aspects of your product, please visit that manufacturer's website.
Due to health and safety regulations, we request all used clothing to be washed prior to returning back to us and used footwear must also be cleaned.
All goods must be returned to the following address: Bikebug – Unit 3/595-615 Princes Hwy, TEMPE NSW 2040. Click here for address label. The Return Authorisation Number must be clearly written on the outside of the box.
We strongly suggest using a parcel service that is traceable. Bikebug will not be held liable for any goods lost in transit.
Returns and Exchanges
If an item is deemed unsuitable for its intended use for any reason as covered by Australian Consumer Law, please contact us via email as soon as practically possible to see if we can organise an alternative arrangement before the returns process takes place.
For product exchanges where an item is the incorrect size, place a new order for the correct item and return the old item for a refund.
A return must be accompanied by a completed Returns Form (which can be found here). Your return must be received with all original packaging intact and must be fit for resale. We understand that shoes and clothing may need to be fitted, however goods must be returned in an unused condition and with all tags and packaging intact. Scuff marks etc, may result in the return not being processed.
In order for us to process your refund, all returns must be returned to the original place of purchase. Eg; if you purchased your product online you must return it to our Tempe warehouse, if you purchased your product in-store, you must return it to that store. All returns (shop or web) need to be accompanied by a Returns Form.
You have 30 days from the date that the goods are delivered in which to make the return.
Once a return has been approved, it will be processed within 2 business days of receiving the return at our warehouse. You will receive a refund via your original payment method.
In the event your return is not accepted, we will notify you. At which point, you will have the option of collecting the item from our Tempe warehouse in Sydney, or we can ship to you at a $15.00 charge. Items will be held for a period of 90 days. Once this period has elapsed, the goods will be donated to charity.
We reserve the right to reject any return if we believe that our returns process is being abused or for unreasonable repetitious returns.
We strongly suggest using a parcel service that is trackable and requires a signature on delivery. Bikebug will not be held liable for any goods lost in transit.
For goods that are faulty or not functional please use the warranty procedures listed below.
A 25% restocking fee applies to returns from bike shops or bike mechanics, and to orders that are deemed to be of a commercial nature. The restocking fee will be deducted from the refund.
If your order has begun it's journey through our warehouse process, all refund and cancellations are subject to the terms of our Returns Policy
We accept Mastercard, Visa, AMEX and Paypal. Credit card transactions are processed by the Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which uses state-of-the-art systems to ensure security.
If an item ordered is unavailable, we will contact you. If you wish to cancel the order we will promptly refund your payment to your credit card or Paypal account. Please note that sometimes it may takes a number of days for the transfer of funds to appear on your statement.
10% Goods and Services Tax (“GST”) applies to sales to addresses within Australia and is included in the Australian dollar advertised price of each item. Items advertised for sale in a foreign currency will only be delivered to a foreign address and these prices do not include GST.
Shipments overseas might be subject to duties and taxes specific to the country of destination and these are the responsibility of the customer. It is against the law to understate the value of items we sell and we will not do this in any circumstances.
You will be charged in Australian Dollars. The amounts shown in foreign currencies are for the purposes of comparison only. The exchange rates used by Paypal and your credit card providers are not necessarily the same as ours.
These terms and conditions constitute a legally binding contract between you and Bikebug and apply to the ordering purchase, fulfilment and delivery of goods from Bikebug.com. By placing an order for goods from Bikebug you agree to these terms and conditions.
An order submitted by you is an offer by you to purchase the goods for the price plus the delivery charge as shown at the time of submission of your order. Bikebug may accept or reject your offer in its absolute discretion. In particular, but without limitation, Bikebug may reject orders where there may have been an error in the listing, or for orders for commercial quantities of goods. If you wish to order commercial quantities of goods please contact us.
Here's how to use your coupon code:
- Shop - add the items you want to your cart by clicking on the [BUY NOW] button.
- Check out - click the [Checkout] button, enter your shipping information, and select a payment method for the balance of your order.
- Apply a Coupon - locate and enter your coupon code in the checkout confirmation page and click on the [Redeem] button.
- Confirm and SAVE - Review your total and click the [Confirm order] button to finalize the purchase.
The Fine Print:
- Each coupon is identified by a Coupon Code and has different requirements and rewards applicable to that code. Please check your coupon -- all requirements stated on the coupon must be met to receive the discount.
- Coupon values are as specified in the description that comes with the coupon.
- Coupons are redeemable only on the Bikebug.com web site.
- Some coupons may be only valid for certain products or categories. In this case, the entire coupon amount is only applicable to these valid products and/or categories, not the entire cart.
- Some coupons may exclude “Clearance” items. If your coupon has a minimum purchase requirement, then the value of these items will not apply towards the minimum purchase amount.
- A coupon cannot be used to pay for taxes, shipping and handling or other statutory charges. If your coupon has a minimum purchase requirement, then taxes, shipping and handling and other statutory charges do not apply towards the minimum purchase amount.
- Only one coupon code can be used per order.
- Each coupon is valid for a limited time only and expires on the date specified in the offer.
- Coupons are not for resale and are not redeemable for cash.
- Coupons cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or otherwise misplaced.
- A coupon cannot be applied to orders already placed with Bikebug.com.
- If a coupon is used and your entire order is cancelled or rejected, or if you return all items in your order, you will be refunded the actual amount paid and your coupon will no longer be valid.
- Bikebug.com reserves the right to discontinue or change a coupon at any time.
- Due to the requirements of our payment processors, if the total of your shopping cart with coupon applied comes to $0.00, then we will add a charge of $0.01 (or JPY10 in Japan) to your cart. This is not applicable to in-store collections.
Trade-in Your Old Bike
- Trade-in value is determined solely by Bikebug.
- Any used bike must be in safe, working condition to qualify for trade-in.
- For an online trade-in, we need to receive a complete set of photos of acceptable quality, showing the overall condition and specific condition of shifters, cranks, pedals, front and rear derailleur, wheels, seat and frame. See below for an example of what we require.
- For online trade-ins, once we agree on a trade-in value, you will need to send the bike to us. When we receive the bike and it is as described we will forward the voucher to you by email.
- The cost and risk of sending the bike to us is the customers responsibility.
- The voucher issued is only valid towards the cost of the bike nominated at the time of trade in valuation.
- To complete a trade-in application, we need to see an accredited government I.D. including photo (eg. drivers licence), plus an official statement showing a matching address (eg, credit card, bank statement or phone bill, etc.)
- Before a bike and any attached goods can qualify for trade-in, you must complete and sign a Used Bike form to confirm that you wholly own all goods being traded and personally purchased them from an official source.
- If you are not the owner, you must declare the official owner of the bike and declare that you have authority to trade the goods.
- If for any reason another person lays claim to ownership of the bike and has reasonable proof, you agree to repay Bikebug the money that has been exchanged in the agreement.
- Bikebug is able to do a criminal history check and discuss this product in full with any authorities.
- Bikebug may advertise or resell the bike in any way seen fit.
- Bikebug reserves the right to reject any trade-in application at its discretion.
- Bikebug.com voucher conditions as specified on our website also apply.
Store Pickup - ID required
If you have taken the option to pick up your items from one of our stores, please either bring your driver's licence or some other form of photo ID. (If you do not have any photo ID, a printout of the invoice will be fine).
Bikebug.com makes every effort to ensure that items stated as being in stock are available for sale, but occasionally we get it wrong. If this happens, we will get in touch with you so you can decide whether or not to wait for the item you want to come back into stock (if it is still available), choose another item that suits you, or cancel the order and receive a full refund.
Colnago C60, V1-r and Master Framesets
Normally these models are available on an order only basis and are subject to lengthy manufacturer’s lead times, sometimes as long as 16 weeks and up to 6 months for the Master frameset. For these we offer a 14 day cooling off period from when you first place the order, if we do not have the one you want in stock and have to order it in. If during the 14 days you change your mind and decide that you do not want to proceed with the purchase, we are happy to give you a full refund. After then, it is non-refundable unless we are unable to effect delivery to you within 16 weeks (or 6 months for the Master), in which case we will give you the option of cancelling the order and receiving a full refund.
To keep freight costs to a minimum, bicycles require some assembly. This may include fitting the wheels, handlebars, pedals, seatpost and seat, and front brake caliper. This should not be attempted by the customer unless familiar with modern bicycle assembly and should otherwise be carried out by a competent bicycle mechanic.
Commercial Quantities and Excessive Shipping Costs
We reserve the right to cancel orders that are deemed to be of a commercial nature or are of commercial quantities.
We reserve the right to cancel any order due to excessive shipping costs.
It is agreed that the laws applicable to New South Wales, Australia only will apply in interpreting our agreement and any disputes arising from it.
PDF / Acrobat Reader®
The forms on this site are created in PDF format. To view and print PDF files, you need the free Acrobat Reader. If you don't have it, you can get it here.
Bikebug complies with the Commonwealth of Australia Privacy Act 1998 and does not disclose personal information other than to facilitate the purchase and supply of products or services from Bikebug or where required to by law. Information held is stored securely.