Terms / Privacy Notice (In Plain English)
- Returns and Exchanges
- Stock Availability
- Bike Assembly
- Commercial Quantities and Excessive Shipping Costs
- Applicable Law
- PDF / Acrobat Reader®
- PRIVACY NOTICE
All goods supplied by Bikebug are covered by the original manufacturer's warranty. If an item has failed and you believe it to be a claimable warranty please follow our warranty returns process.
Please note that we endeavor to resolve warranty assessment in a timely manner, however due to the complexity of some products it might need to be returned to the distributor and in some cases the manufacturer for assessment.
After completing all the information and accepting our warranty terms and conditions you will receive an email informing you of the next step:
- Please pack your items properly to minimise the risk of it being damaged in transit.
- Attach the address label with the RA number filled in.
- We strongly suggest that a trackable delivery service is used as Bikebug will not be liable for any goods lost in transit.
- You will be notified via email once we receive your product.
- The defective product must be returned and received by us within 14 days of completing and submitting the warranty assessment form.
- You will receive an email notification once we receive the product.
Outcome of the Warranty assessment:
Product found to be defective and under warranty - we will do the following:
- The products will either be repaired or
- The product will be replaced or
- The product purchase price will be refunded where it cannot be repaired or replaced with a similar product.
- Bikebug will be responsible for any and all freight costs in returning your product.
Product found not to be defective or covered by the Warranty:
- You will be notified of this outcome after assessment via email.
- The product can be returned to you at your expense.
- Unclaimed items will be stored for 90 days.
Due to health and safety regulations, we request all used products to be cleaned prior to being returned. Clothing needs to be washed before it is returned.
Returns and Exchanges
If an item is deemed unsuitable for its intended use for any reason as covered by Australian Consumer Law, please contact us via email as soon as practically possible to see if we can organise an alternative arrangement before the returns process takes place.
Clearance Items - Please choose carefully as refunds or exchanges are not allowed on items for change of mind where the product is not faulty.
For product exchanges where an item is the incorrect size, place a new order for the correct item and return the old item for a refund.
A return must be accompanied by a completed Returns Form (which can be found here). Your return must be received with all original packaging intact and must be fit for resale. We understand that shoes and clothing may need to be fitted, however goods must be returned in an unused condition and with all tags and packaging intact. Scuff marks etc, may result in the return not being processed.
In order for us to process your refund, all returns must be returned to the original place of purchase. Eg; if you purchased your product online you must return it to our Tempe warehouse, if you purchased your product in-store, you must return it to that store. All returns (shop or web) need to be accompanied by a Returns Form.
You have 30 days from the date that the goods are delivered in which to make the return.
Once a return has been approved, it will be processed within 2 business days of receiving the return at our warehouse. You will receive a refund via your original payment method.
In the event your return is not accepted, we will notify you via email for a return address and charge $15 for shipping. Items will be held for a period of 90 days. Once this period has elapsed, the goods will be donated to charity.
We reserve the right to reject any return if we believe that our returns process is being abused or for unreasonable repetitious returns.
We strongly suggest using a parcel service that is trackable and requires a signature on delivery. Bikebug will not be held liable for any goods lost in transit.
For goods that are faulty or not functional please use the warranty procedures listed below.
A 25% restocking fee applies to returns from bike shops or bike mechanics, and to orders that are deemed to be of a commercial nature. The restocking fee will be deducted from the refund.
If your order has begun it's journey through our warehouse process, all refund and cancellations are subject to the terms of our Returns Policy
We accept Mastercard, Visa, AMEX and Paypal. Credit card transactions are processed by the Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which uses state-of-the-art systems to ensure security.
If an item ordered is unavailable, we will contact you. If you wish to cancel the order we will promptly refund your payment to your credit card or Paypal account. Please note that sometimes it may takes a number of days for the transfer of funds to appear on your statement.
10% Goods and Services Tax (“GST”) applies to sales to addresses within Australia and is included in the Australian dollar advertised price of each item. Items advertised for sale in a foreign currency will only be delivered to a foreign address and these prices do not include GST.
Shipments overseas might be subject to duties and taxes specific to the country of destination and these are the responsibility of the customer. It is against the law to understate the value of items we sell and we will not do this in any circumstances.
You will be charged in Australian Dollars. The amounts shown in foreign currencies are for the purposes of comparison only. The exchange rates used by Paypal and your credit card providers are not necessarily the same as ours.
These terms and conditions constitute a legally binding contract between you and Bikebug and apply to the ordering purchase, fulfilment and delivery of goods from Bikebug.com. By placing an order for goods from Bikebug you agree to these terms and conditions.
An order submitted by you is an offer by you to purchase the goods for the price plus the delivery charge as shown at the time of submission of your order. Bikebug may accept or reject your offer in its absolute discretion. In particular, but without limitation, Bikebug may reject orders where there may have been an error in the listing, or for orders for commercial quantities of goods. If you wish to order commercial quantities of goods please contact us.
Here's how to use your coupon code:
- Shop - add the items you want to your cart by clicking on the [BUY NOW] button.
- Check out - click the [Checkout] button, enter your shipping information, and select a payment method for the balance of your order.
- Apply a Coupon - locate and enter your coupon code in the checkout confirmation page and click on the [Redeem] button.
- Confirm and SAVE - Review your total and click the [Confirm order] button to finalize the purchase.
The Fine Print:
- Each coupon is identified by a Coupon Code and has different requirements and rewards applicable to that code. Please check your coupon -- all requirements stated on the coupon must be met to receive the discount.
- Coupon values are as specified in the description that comes with the coupon.
- Coupons are redeemable only on the Bikebug.com web site.
- Some coupons may be only valid for certain products or categories. In this case, the entire coupon amount is only applicable to these valid products and/or categories, not the entire cart.
- Some coupons may exclude “Clearance” items. If your coupon has a minimum purchase requirement, then the value of these items will not apply towards the minimum purchase amount.
- A coupon cannot be used to pay for taxes, shipping and handling or other statutory charges. If your coupon has a minimum purchase requirement, then taxes, shipping and handling and other statutory charges do not apply towards the minimum purchase amount.
- Only one coupon code can be used per order.
- Each coupon is valid for a limited time only and expires on the date specified in the offer.
- Coupons are not for resale and are not redeemable for cash.
- Coupons cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or otherwise misplaced.
- A coupon cannot be applied to orders already placed with Bikebug.com.
- If a coupon is used and your entire order is cancelled or rejected, or if you return all items in your order, you will be refunded the actual amount paid and your coupon will no longer be valid.
- Bikebug.com reserves the right to discontinue or change a coupon at any time.
- Due to the requirements of our payment processors, if the total of your shopping cart with coupon applied comes to $0.00, then we will add a charge of $0.01 (or JPY10 in Japan) to your cart. This is not applicable to in-store collections.
Bikebug.com makes every effort to ensure that items stated as being in stock are available for sale, but occasionally we get it wrong. If this happens, we will get in touch with you so you can decide whether or not to wait for the item you want to come back into stock (if it is still available), choose another item that suits you, or cancel the order and receive a full refund.
To keep freight costs to a minimum, bicycles require some assembly. This may include fitting the wheels, handlebars, pedals, seatpost and seat, and front brake caliper. This should not be attempted by the customer unless familiar with modern bicycle assembly and should otherwise be carried out by a competent bicycle mechanic.
Commercial Quantities and Excessive Shipping Costs
We reserve the right to cancel orders that are deemed to be of a commercial nature or are of commercial quantities.
We reserve the right to cancel any order due to excessive shipping costs.
It is agreed that the laws applicable to Queensland, Australia only will apply in interpreting our agreement and any disputes arising from it.
PDF / Acrobat Reader®
The forms on this site are created in PDF format. To view and print PDF files, you need the free Acrobat Reader. If you don't have it, you can get it here.
Bikebug complies with the Commonwealth of Australia Privacy Act 1998 and does not disclose personal information other than to facilitate the purchase and supply of products or services from Bikebug or where required to by law. Information held is stored securely.