About Time Xpresso 12 Titan Carbon Clipless Pedals (Inc Cleats)
TIME has revolutionized clipless pedal technology and introduces its newest generation: XPRESSO. This brand new pedal has an even faster, more intuitive engagement without any rubbing, which is thanks to the Iclic concept of a pre-open clipless system (TIME patent). The use of a carbon flexion blade instead of the traditional metal spring allows for these new pedals to be extremely light. The oversized platform of 700 mm2 gives the pedals a record surface area/weight factor.
- Cliquet (exclusively Xpresso & ICLIC2) : Effortless step-in to engage the cleat in the mechanism thanks to the pre-opened arch.
- Angular freedom of the foot of ±5°: pedal more freely! At TIME, it is the pedal that adapts to the cyclist and not the cyclist who must adapt to the pedal.
- Q-FACTOR ADJUSTEMENT" Lateral freedom of the foot. The unique concept of the cleats on TIME pedals allows an auto-adjustment at the lateral position of the feet on the pedals. If necessary, the cleat can slide laterally on the pedal in order to adapt to the morphology of the cyclist (who has a little bit larger pelvis).
- SENSOR - Adjustment of angular hold of the foot. Thanks to an integrated solution, TIME pedals propose an adjustment according to “feeling” which allows the cyclist to personalize the elasticity inside of the angular freedom zone of ± 5°
- Hollow titanium axle and carbon body with flexible carbon blade
- Oversized pedal platform 700 mm2 with interchangeable aluminum plate
- Automatic pre-opening of engagement mechanism
- Adjustment of angular sensations, or “feel”
- Q-Factor adjustment — setting of lateral foot position
- BIOPOSITION Concept — minimal distance sole to pedal axle
- Angular float (+/-5°) and lateral float (2.5 mm)
- Release angle: 15°
- Weight : 155 g/pair
More About The Manufacturer Time
Established in 1987 by Roland Cattin, TIME Sport designs, manufactures and distributes highly technical bicycles and components. For 25 yeras they have designed and produced all of their products in France. As a company TIME has centered it's technology around the method of RTM (Resin Transfer Molding) in order to create lighter and more resistant bicycles from a revolutionary material – carbon fiber.