Vittoria's Graphene Corsa Open Clincher Tyre has racing in its DNA but comes in a convenient clincher package
The Vittoria Graphene Corsa Open Folding Clincher Tyre gives you the look and feel of a tubular, with the ease of use that a clincher delivers. It boasts durability and suppleness thanks to its Kevlar-reinforced Corespun K construction - this gives them increased sidewall protection whilst the use of four compounds (4C) in the tyre body allows for great road feel, plus speed, grip, durability and puncture protection; the Vittoria Graphene Corsa Open Clincher reacts to all the forces associated with riding, whether it be training or racing.
The construction of the Vittoria Graphene Corsa Open Clincher has:
* Wear resistant tread with low rolling resistance
* PRB 2.0 breaker for excellent flat protection
* Corespun K 320 TPI casing - a mixture of Kevlar threads in the casing for when strength is paramount
* Can be used with a butyl or latex inner tube
G+ Isotech Compound: G+Isotech is Vittoria’s unique Graphene compound with revolutionary G+, as provided by technology partner Directa Plus. No compromise is necessary with this compound that is superior in speed (rolling resistance), grip, durability and wear resistance.
What is Graphene?
Graphene is a revolutionary material in the form of a very thin, nearly transparent sheet of pure carbon. In its extreme form it is as thin as a single atom (1/1,000,000,000th of a meter). Vittoria uses Directa Plus Graphene called G+, which is 2 to 8 atoms thin. With the application of Graphene in Vittoria wheels and tyres, Vittoria has developed revolutionary products and created a new product range called 'Intelligent Tire System' (ITS).
ITS compounds become harder and softer, depending on the needs of the rider. If the tyre is rolling straight, the rubber is at its hardest and offers low rolling resistance. If the rider breaks, accelerates or corners, the compounds soften and offer significantly more grip.
Prior to the advanced development of Graphene, there was always the requirement of choosing between optimizing, or aiming at, speed, grip, durability and puncture protection. Effectively, the introduction of Graphene allows for natural material barriers of rubber to be removed, which means that there is no longer the need for such compromises between speed, grip, durability and puncture resistance. All these features are now reaching their maximum possibilities.
The benefits of Graphene include:
* Enormous surface area: 1 gram = around 2,630 m2 that can facilitate any chemical process
* High mechanical resistance: approximately 200 times stronger than steel
* High thermal conductibility: more than 2 times that of a diamond
* Less density: is equal to half that of aluminium
* High elasticity: equal to 6 times that of steel
* High electrical conductibility, transparency, lightness, flexibility and mechanical resistance
Others Also Bought
More From This Category