About Zipp Integrated Valve Extenders
Works with Zipp® butyl inner tubes with a removable core as well as other leading tubular tires and inner tubes that have removable cores. (Important note: These integrated extenders are not compatible with some older model Zipp Tangente™ Tubular Tires. Those tires use the older Zipp Valve Extenders.) For ease of use the core is located at the end of the valve extender. Made of lightweight aluminum, and featuring an integrated air seal, the extenders are designed with the same attention to detail and performance that’s built into Zipp wheels and other products.
Note: 1 per pack
Following sizes available:
- 27 mm (1 g) for 303 model wheels.
- 41 mm (2 g) for 404 models.
- 65 mm (4 g) for 808 models.
We always recommend you have your components serviced and installed by a qualified bicycle mechanic. (Please see ALTERNATE VIEWS images to left for instructions with photos.)
1. Place 5 mm end of first wrench on wrench flats of tube-valve body and 4 mm end of second wrench on flats of removal Presta-valve core.
2. Turn 4 mm wrench to loosen Presta-valve core.
3. Remove Presta-valve core.
4. Apply small amount of grease to seal and threads at bottom of valve extender.
5. Screw bottom of valve extender into tube-valve body.
6. Tighten using 5 mm ends of two wrenches in order to achieve good seal.
7. Apply small amount of grease to seal and threads of removable Presta-valve core.
8. Screw Presta-valve core into top of valve extender.
9. Use 5 and 4 mm wrenches to tighten Presta-valve core into extender to achieve good seal.
10. Treat as an ordinary tube where you can open Presta-valve locknut for inflation before closing again.
11. After complete assembly, install tube or tubular tire according to your tube or tire manufacturer’s instructions.
More About The Manufacturer ZIPP
Zipp Speed Weaponry serves a select group of elite companies and athletes, globally located and committed to bicycle & wheelchair competition. Zipp meets customer's needs for the highest performance, superlative quality components through innovative design and manufacturing utilizing the best material and technology available.
Zipp is built on mutual respect, delivery on promise and fastidious attention to manufacturing details. They do this by providing exceptional customer service and aggressive marketing, supporting distribution through dedicated dealers, distributors, OE's and direct sales. Market share growth is achieved through continuous product and process improvement, adding new products, additional categories and expanding the distribution channels.
Zipp are a manufacturing company located in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA and part of the SRAM group.