The Grand Prix is the classic all-rounder because it delivers strong rolling performance and puncture protection at an excellent price point.
BlackChili Compound and the tried and tested Grand Prix profile offer outstanding grip in combination with the extra puncture protection of the PolyX Breaker. It's the perfect balance between the grip of a fast rolling race tyre like the GP4000S and the durability of Grand Prix 4 Seasons. It's an ideal tyre for Endurance Races, Audax events or commuting through the road debris of city streets.
- Neutral design and solid construction for sporting rides at the highest level
- Puncture protection, comfort and decent grip make every ride hassle free
- Excellent puncture protection thanks to PolyX Breaker® puncture protection
- Excellent grip, high mileage and efficient rolling thanks to BlackChili Compound
- 180 TPI for smooth ride performance
- Handmade in Germany
- BlackChili Compound improves rolling resistance by 26 % and provides 30 % more grip than activated silica compounds (below).
- This unique tread rubber mixture which is only produced in Continental's German factory has revolutionised bicycle tyres.
- Premium tyres with BlackChili Compound also impress with higher mileage and unlike many multi-compounds, provide a constant ride from the first to the last kilometre.
- PolyX Breaker puncture defence - Continental's PolyX Breaker (below) brings their car expertise to the bicycle tyre market.
- Polyester has been used successfully for years in car tyres and been tried and tested many times. The extremely resistant polyester fibre is woven tightly crosswise. In this way, a very high fabric density is reached which not only makes the Breaker more resistant to foreign objects but is also especially resistant to punctures. The rolling resistance is also not negatively affected by the PolyX Breaker®.
conti grand prix clincher tube typeBy: mike on 20 September 2021these tyres are not too bad,nice and supple but i did not like the thin sidewalls,bought these tyres for a cheap spare to run tubes,was good doing online shopping with bikebug,no complaints there,item as described and was sent fast,just a tip for shoppers use australia post express and you get your items fast,it is worth paying that bit extra.never had a problem with australia post
Others Also Bought
More From This Category