How to Measure Your Inseam
For Bikebug.com to accurately determine what size bike will fit you best, we need to know your inseam measurement. This will enable us to determine what size frame you require.
It is very important that you follow the directions carefully and make the measurements as accurately as possible.
Males need to take special care as some parts of your anatomy are NOT included as part of the measurement.
Picture courtesy Basis Systeme netzwerk
- Find someone to help you measure.
- You will need a tape measure and a large clipboard or thin large book.
- Remove your shoes and stand with your back against a wall. It can often help to wear lycra cycling shorts if you have them.
- Spread your feet apart about 15-20cm.
- Place the book or clipboard between your legs with the edge against the wall.
- Raise the book ALL the way. Raise it to the point of being just short of painful. Make sure your heels remain on the floor and ALL tissue is compressed to the pubic bone. Males in particular often mess up this measurement by not moving accessory tissue out of the way. The measurement needs to be from the pubic bone to the floor and needs to fit as tightly as a bike seat would.
- Have your partner measure and record the distance from the top of the book to the floor.
- Repeat twice more to check that you get the same measurement.
- Send to Bikebug.com so that we can send you the correct bike.