Hot Wax Your Chain & Enjoy The Silent Running
There's no substitute for regular maintenance on the drive-train of your bike and a chain given a Silca Secret Chain Blend - Hot Melt Wax Chain Lube is going to deliver all the super speed and silent running benefits you want that will make everything well worth the effort.
Granules Of Wax In A Submergible Pouch
Proudly made in the USA this Silca Secret Chain Blend - Hot Melt Wax Chain Lube comes in the form of granules housed in a heat-resistant bag which looks quite like the bag which holds your fresh coffee beans. The best part of this product is the submergible pouch which is terrific for those who don't want to keep a special crock-pot just to hot-wax a chain. Now it can be as simple as putting the chain in the bag and immersing the whole pouch in a pot of hot water. The granules should begin to melt at a temperature of 72°C / 162°F. After removing the chain, the wax dries and you have provided the entire chain with a fresh layer of wax.
Repeated Waxings Make Chains Faster Over Time
After repeated waxings, chains coated with Silca Secret Chain Blend and Silca Super Secret Liquid Wax Chain Lube will actually get faster over time. Secret Chain Blend is the only hot wax lubricant to have a specifically matched and compatible drip wax (sold separately) which can be used to top-up the wax as needed, thus extending the duration between hot wax applications, and guaranteeing the quietest running drivetrain possible.
The Technical Side Of Silca's Hot-Melt Chain Wax
Silca Secret Chain Blend - Hot Melt Wax Chain Lube is ideal for the cyclist looking to maximise performance through friction reduction. It utilises the world's fastest, most lubricious additive, Nano-Scale Tungsten Di-Sulfide. If you want to get technical, NanoPlatelet WS2 has less than 1/3 the dynamic coefficient of friction of PTFE and 1/4 that of Molybdenum Disulfide (MoS2). Consisting of highly refined laboratory-grade paraffin and a high concentration of 3 specific sizes of Nano-Scale Tungsten Disulfide, this product not only acts as a lubricant but actually acts to modify the surface of the chain, filling in all of the crevices of the metal with highly lubricious and wear-resistant Tungsten Disulfide particles.
Application Via Stove Top Method
1. Open Secret Chain Blend pouch.
2. Attach a hanging hook, bent spoke, or zip tie to your completely clean chain
3. Lower the chain into the pouch
4. Place the pouch containing the chain into a pot of room temperature water
5. Face the transparent side of the pouch toward you so you can monitor the melting progress
6. Heat your pot of water on the stove to just below boiling point (below 100°C/212°F)
7. You should start to see the wax melt. (Melting point is at 72°C / 162°F)
8. To avoid burns use tongs to carefully remove the pouch from the hot water
9. Use the pre-attached hanging hook, bent spoke, or zip tie to remove the chain from pouch
10. CAUTION: The chain will be really hot. Take care not to splash hot wax at your skin
11. Hang the chain over the open pouch to allow the excess wax to drip back into the bag
12. Allow the chain to dry before reinstalling on bike
13. Wax left over in the pouch can be heated for another chain later on
Silca bike chain hot-melt wax lube in granule form (500g / 17.6oz)
Resealable pouch similar to fresh coffee bean style bags
Chain goes in the bag. Bag goes in pot of hot water
Enjoy the benefits of riding with a hot-melt wax-dipped chain
Best results when applied to a very clean and dry chain
Let dry completely before reinstalling on bike
Highly refined laboratory-grade paraffin
3 specific sizes of Nano-Scale Tungsten Disulfide
Maximises performance through friction reduction
Utilises Nano-Scale Tungsten Di-Sulfide as an additive
Silca suggest watching their online videos for product use tips
Silca recommends using after your ride so it's ready for next time
|Contents Volume||500g | 17.6oz|
|Pack Dimensions||25 x 18 x 5cm|
|Origin||Made in USA|
Others Also Bought